Saturday, September 11, 2010

St. Pooptricks Day Part Deux

It's 8:00 and I'm ready to rock!


Well, well! It appears that St. Pooptricks Day appears twice on the calendar this year. Oh yes folks Brady Boy dropped a couple of floaters in the tub again. This time right in front of my very eyes. I thought he was displaying the undeniable signs that a #2 was on its way, but NOOOOO it couldn't be! It was and it did. Right there and right then! Due to my previous training in this matter I was cool, calm and collected. No screaming, no frantic call to Jeff or 911, just a quick ninja like removal of the contaminants and life was back to normal. I think Brady was disappointed in the anti-climatic nature of his business. I think he was looking for a bit more drama, a round of applause, a small cheering section, or at least some assemblance of chaos. Need I remind his that I am now more astute and nothing that he "drops" on me can phase my super nature? The proof is in the pudding (or should I say pooping hahahah) my dear child!

To balance out the number of poop posts I must update you on Brady's WALKING! Yes, walking! Brady is now picking up objects and walking with them. He also walks between furniture and will walk from me to Jeff. Our little turkey is walking about 25% of the time. He still prefers his jet propelled crawling, but is spending more and more time upright.
Since Mallory's arrival I have noticed the amazing difference in their strength/tone. Brady is like a marshmallow and Mallory is like a mini power lifter. She has been able to hold her head up since the second day of her life and it took Brady MONTHS to accomplish the same thing. I am amazed at her strength. It highlights how much harder Brady has to work at the gross motor skills. With Brady we have never taken a single step for granted. We understand the determination and dedication each step takes and with Mallory we are astounded how everything glides along with little effort or thought. It makes me admire our little tough guy even more!

No comments: